The Power of Prayer



No matter how softly you whisper a prayer
Someone must surely be listening there
Who understands well...
and knows from the start...
The hope and fears you keep in your heart...


For whenever you turn to
that Friend up above
And ask for His guidance
and trust in His love
What wonders may be no one can say...
Miracles happen sometimes when you pray...


Nobody knows the power of prayer
To turn the clouds back
and make the day fair...
But troubles are lightened and faith is restored
When in quiet moments you pray to the Lord.


Constance Parker Graham

3 comments:

♥♥♥♥♥ Jennifer™® ♥♥♥♥♥ said...

your blog is very fine

AuntieMame said...

I want to DECLARE the POWER of PRAYER! I went to a psychic and she predicted a serious health issue. I was scared because I have children who need me. A short time later a friend of mine had a reading with another psychic who said she would want to spend as much time as possible with a very sick friend. Obviously, the two readings had me fretting and worrying. Soon, I developed a lump on my neck. I went to the Dr. who said it was a thyroid tumor? She hinted it could be cancer and said I needed surgery. She also examined my lungs and said I had COPD. She ordered more tests, and I left the office in tears. It was then I turned to God. I began reciting the Rosary daily, attending church weekly and saying novenas. I had an MRI and they lump was gone! The Dr. called and said the lung xray showed NO COPD! I truly attribute the healing to the Lord. Fast forward another year and I had a bad ultrasound and I had to go for a biopsy. Again, I turned to God for a healing. The test, which usually takes a few days to come back, took two weeks to be reported, and it was negative! I feel God healed me three times. The POWER of PRAYER is awesome! I am here to tell anyone who has received a bad psychic reading to PRAY. Prayer can counteract a bad prediction. I no longer go to psychics and I want everyone to know the goodness of God. I no longer live in fear. God has proved to me three times that only He can predict the future.
Thank you and God Bless!

astrodeus said...

Thank you so much for your inspiring testimony, Auntie Mame! Praise God!

Blog Archive